Summer is here!! And yes not alone but with its skin issues too. The scorching heat can take away all your skin’s natural glow, leaving it dull and blemished and also sometimes invite infections. This is why you need a proper skincare routine to keep your skin glowing and radiant is summers.
Here are some easy-peasy home remedies for glowing skin in summer that can come quite handy.
How to take care of your skin in summer?
- Keep your skin hydrated: Hydration is something that we really need to focus on in summers. Drink plenty of water (10-12 glass), include seasonal fruits in your diet, and use a good light moisturizer for the skin.
- Don’t forget sunscreen: The sun’s UV rays can be really harmful to your skin. Exposure to UV rays can damage your skin and can cause skin issues like tan, wrinkles, fine lines, and many more. So always use sunscreen while going out in sun.
- Go easy on makeup: In summers, the weather is super-hot and humid, which impacts the skin’s ability to breathe. So, prefer to go for minimal or no makeup in summers.
- Cleanse and exfoliate: Don’t forget to cleanse and exfoliate your skin twice a week. Exfoliation helps in removing the dead skin cells, leaving your skin looking glowing. While exfoliating, make sure to be gentle on your skin.
- Take Special Care of your Eyes: The area around the eyes is much thinner and delicate as compared to another part of your face and that’s why need extra care. So, never forget to wear your sunglasses whenever stepping out in the sun.
Home Remedies for Skin Care in Summer
1. Papaya Mask:
Papaya is very good for the skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin A and C, potassium, magnesium, and fiber. It also contains “Papain”, which acts like an exfoliator that fades dark spots and blemishes from your skin, making it glowing and radiant.
How to prepare Papaya Mask for face
3-5 tbsp of mashed papaya (ripe)
1 tbsp honey
Mix both the ingredients well
Spread the paste all over your face ( including eye area)
Leave it for 20 minutes
Rinse off with normal water
- You can apply this mask twice a week
2. Cucumber cooling Face Pack:
Cucumber contains many antioxidants such as vitamin A and C and anti-inflammatory nutrients, which makes them a great ingredient for the skin. Using cucumber will make your skin plump, glowing, and hydrated.
2-4 tbsp of cucumber pulp (mashed)
2 tbsp raw milk
Mix both the ingredients well
- Apply the paste all over your face and neck area
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
you can use this mask daily
3. Aloe Vera Gel:
Aloe Vera works great on the skin. It has nourishing and healing properties that nourish your skin and makes your skin glowing. It also works amazingly in treating various skin problems like pimples, fine lines, and scars.
I am sharing 2 most effective ways of using Aloe Vera for skin in summer:
Extract the Aloe Vera gel into the ice cube tray and make ice cubes. Massage your skin gently with the ice cubes. This will give a natural glow to your skin as ice massage stimulate blood circulation.
Aloe Vera and lemon: take 2 tbsp of aloe vera juice and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Mix both well and apply it on your skin. Allow it to dry for 15 minutes and then wash off with normal water.
4. Orange Peel Mask:
Orange peel is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants that help tighten and brighten your skin in no time. It is also very helpful in removing blackheads and unclogs your pores. You can buy orange peel powder fro amazon or can it at your home too.
How to make orange peel powder at home:
- With the help of a sharp knife, peel some of the oranges. Try to get only the most outer layer of the peel (only the orange part and not the white part of the peel).
- Keep it to dry under the sun for 2-3 days
- Once it is completely dry, grind the dried peels to get fine powder
- Store your orange peel powder in an airtight container
How to make Orange Peel Face Mask:
- 1 tbsp orange peel powder
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- Mix both well and apply it on a clean face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse off with normal water.
- You can apply this pack twice a week